Learn more about the Affordable Care Act (ACA)!
Beginning October 1, 2013, open enrollment begins for ACA, a new law which requires every American to have health insurance; financial assistance is available depending upon economic status.
Certified “Navigators” from the Ohio Association of Foodbanks (an Ohio agency officially providing ACA information) will give an information session and Q&A at the Library on Monday, October 28, from 6-8 pm, in the Meeting Room.
FIND A HEALTH INSURANCE PROVIDER/GET MORE INFORMATION
- ONLINE: www.Healthcare.gov
- TELEPONE: 1-800-318-2596 (TTY: 1-855-889-4325; Various languages: 1-800-318-2596)
- MAIL: Health Insurance Marketplace, 1005 XYZ Drive, Washington DC 20005
- Through a Navigator at the Ohio Benefit Bank Hotline: 1-800-648-1176
- Ohioforhealth.org: Information from the Ohio Benefit Bank, the main Affordable Health Care Act certified “Navigator” for Ohio.
- Application checklist.
- Ohio Department of Insurance FAQ on federal health care reforms.
- Health Insurance Marketplace FAQ from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- For Consumers: Understanding Health Reform from The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.
- AARP.org: Health Insurance.
- Key Features of the Affordable Care Act from the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
Grandview Heights Public Library staff are not trained or licensed to provide advice or to assist you in selecting a specific health plan, but can provide information and direction to public resources about the Affordable Care Act that will help you make your own choices.