All titles are instantly available. And hoopla is cloud-based, which allows viewing on multiple devices.
On a computer
- Go to www.hoopladigital.com. In the upper right hand corner, click on Sign Up.
- Select Grandview Library. Enter your Grandview Library card number and PIN. You will then be asked to enter your email address and a password.
- After you have registered, you will always log in using the email and password; you will no longer use your library barcode and PIN.
- You may have to download a simple plug-in, WideVine (provided by Google), the first time you stream a movie through a computer browser.
On a tablet or mobile device
- Download the hoopla app. Apps can be found at the App Store for iOS devices, Google Play for Android devices, or Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Follow the registration and sign-in instructions.
- Apps can be found at the iOS App Store, Google Play, or Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Downloading is also available to mobile devices and tablets, which is beneficial when no network is available; when the title is due, it is automatically returned.
Borrowing limit and loan periods
- You may check out 6 items per month.
- All materials are available immediately.
- Movies and TV episodes may be checked out for 2 or 3 days (depending on the studio).
- Audiobooks check out for 21 days.
- Music albums check out for 7 days.
- You may re-borrow items as many times as you wish, provided you haven’t exceeded your monthly checkout limit.
Questions and help?
- Check out the FAQ’s on the mobile apps OR the Help link at the bottom of your computer browser
- Contact the Library 614-486-2951 (Circulation) or 614-481-3776 (Reference).