The Friends of the Grandview Library welcome your used book donations in a new way that will continue to help the library as well as literacy projects around the world!
The Friends have partnered with online bookstore Better World Books, which collects new and used books and resells them online in order to fund and support non-profit literacy groups.
The Friends receive a portion of the sales, which is used to support Library programs, equipment, and other needs.
OUTDOOR DROP BOX
- Books in good condition (free of mildew, mold, and dirt, with no missing pages) can be donated by dropping them into the green Better World Books drop box in the main parking lot by the Library Lawn.
- Book donations will no longer be received inside the building — please use the Better World Books drop box.
- Do not put your library books into this drop box — only books you are donating.
- Tax deduction forms are available at the Circulation desk in the Library.
- This ongoing fundraising campaign replaces indoor donated book sales that were held throughout the year at the Library.
- Books and monographs
- Antiquarian, rare, and collectible books (example: special collections)
- Children’s books
- College textbooks (published within past 10 years)
- Foreign language books (in Western script)
- Hardcover fiction and nonfiction
- Mass market paperbacks
- Trade paperbacks
- DVDs and CDs
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED
- Activity books and workbooks (example: coloring books)
- Annuals and yearbooks
- Audio cassettes, VHS tapes, LP records, and computer software
- Books published by magazines (example: Reader’s Digest Condensed, Time-Life Books)
- Britannica and World Book Encyclopedia
- Case law and procedural books
- Custom course packets
- Dated reference material (over 5 years old)
- Directories and telephone books
- Duplicate copies (in excess of 20 copies per title)
- Free copies, examination copies, or advanced reading copies
- Journals and periodicals (example: literary criticisms)
- Microfilm and microfiche
- Newspapers and magazines (example: National Geographic)
- Non-Western script books
- Tax and government documents or forms
BARGAIN BOOK SHELVES
- Find great deals on discarded Library items (books, music, movies, and more) in the downstairs Study Commons whenever the Library is open.
Questions? Call Circulation at 614-486-2951.