Get ready for the new school year with school services from the library!
Teachers may contact Youth Services at 614-481-3776 for resource suggestions for student homework assignments. A minimum of two weeks’ notice required.
Book Lists for Students
Reserve student book lists compiled by GHPL staff.
- Preschool to Kindergarten
- Grades 1-2 Fiction, Nonfiction
- Grades 3-4 Fiction, Nonfiction
- Grades 5-6 Fiction, Nonfiction
- Grades 6-8 Fiction, Nonfiction
- High School and Beyond Fiction, Nonfiction
- Business for Kids
Grandview 4th Grade Genre Lists
- Biography, Autobiography, and Memoir
- Graphic Novel
- Historical Fiction
- Realistic Fiction
- Science Fiction
- Traditional Literature
Teachers may contact Youth Services to have collections of books gathered for school use.
- Minimum of 3 business days advance notice required; more notice may assure that we can pull a better collection for you.
- Materials can be gathered by subject.
- No requests will be taken for seasonal & holiday books, due to high demand. Seasonal & holiday items will be on display and available for check-out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In some cases, materials may be shipped from other libraries in our consortium, which can require three to five additional business days.
- To help serve everyone efficiently, please pick up your classroom collection on the requested pick-up date or call for an extension.
- Email your request (click “Email Contact Form” and select “Teacher Request”) or contact Youth Services at 614-481-3778.
Ellison Die Cutter
A paper cutting machine is available to the public for in-library use in Youth Services on the lower level of the library. Choose from 50+ letters and designs. Please bring your own paper.
Grandview Heights School Student Cards
Student cards are provided to the Grandview Heights Schools each school year so that students who do not have them may access databases and downloadable items through our website.
Teachers may bring their class to the library for tours, research, assignments, and projects. Please reserve a date and time in advance with staff to alleviate any space or resource conflicts.
Outreach to Schools
Youth Services provides outreach services to Grandview preschools and day cares during the school year. The Youth Services Outreach Coordinator provides each school or daycare with a book delivery and a story time each month. During the summer months, outreach is limited, but some services may be available to Grandview daycare or summer groups that wish to come to the library for weekly or monthly visits. Contact the Youth Services at 614-481-3778 or email@example.com for more information.