- Meeting Room and Conference Room
Schedule a date for your next meeting in one of these great spaces. Our rooms are available free of charge for non-profit purpopses; however, donations are welcome!
- Study Rooms
Three study rooms (with WiFi and dry erase boards) are available for meeting use in our Reference department. However, no reservations are possible. The rooms are "first come, first served" upon arrival.
- The Atrium, The Study Commons, and Other Areas
Many seating areas are available throughout the Library to conduct small, personal meetings. Our main Atrium and the Study Commons downstairs feature seating & tables (and free WiFi) in a common area. Please respect the other, quieter areas throughout the Library if you meet there.
- The City of Grandview Heights
- The Village of Marble Cliff
- Grandview Chamber of Commerce
- Grandview Heights Public Library
- Grandview Heights City Schools
- The Grandview Heights Marble/Cliff Historical Society
City of Columubs
- City of Columbus
- Columbus Chamber
Columbus business advocacy organization with 2,500 members offering various services.
- Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio
A database of 14 million U.S. businesses (updated monthly) and over 100 million U.S. residents (updated continuously) to aid in job searching, market research, and locating friends and relatives.
- 1st Stop Business Connection
Free start-up kits from the Ohio Department of Development.
- LearningExpressLibrary.com: Online Test Resource
Includes practice exercises for civil service, military, licensing, and certification exams. Also, computer skills tutorials, job search & resume help, and standardized practice tests.
- City of Columbus Department of Development
Find demographic data & more other about Columbus and Franklin County.
Find technology resources & assistance for your business needs.
- The Entrepreneurial Edge: CentralOhioEntrepreneurs.org
Small business resources, plus free access to business librarian.
Small business statistics for approximately 50 industries.
Internet demographics and trends.
- Ohio Women's Business Resource Network
Provides telephone & e-mail counseling, workshops, seminars, and more.
Federal & state statistics and reports on children & their families, including: population & family characteristics, economic security, health, behavior, and social environment, and education.
Covers 20,000+ communities. Find information about people, housing, transportation, jobs, colleges & universities, mortgages/real estate, commuting, and more.
- Columbus Board of Realtors Commercial Property Search
Properties/listings include office & industrial buildings, retail centers, including big boxes, previously listed land, and multi-unit housing properties.
- Columbus Chamber Prospector
Find available commercial property. Includes: workforce demographics, consumer expenditures, business information, and interactive maps. Information is displayed using a Geographic Information System (GIS) map system.
- Consumer Expenditure Survey (CEX)
Surveys providing information on buying habits of American consumers, including data on their expenditures, income, and consumer (families & single) characteristics.
This site provides access to statistics produced by more than 70 federal agencies.
- United States Census
Gather demographic information on your community, research the local economy, and find your SIC or NAICS code using this U.S. Department of Commerce site.
- DataSource: the Franklin County Community Data System
Create customized maps, tables, and reports for a variety of geographic areas using Census data & other sources.
- State and County QuickFacts
Get frequently requested Census Bureau information at the national, state, and county level.
- County Business Patterns
Annual series published by the U.S. Census Bureau, useful for studying: the economic activity of small areas; analyzing economic changes over time; and statistical series, surveys, and databases between economic censuses.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA): Columbus District Office
Find local organizations offering services, financial assistance, and management advice to small businesses. National SBA offers business loans, venture capital, forms, code help, advice, and an answer desk.
- Community Capital Development Corporation (CCDC)
Private, nonprofit corporation that loans money to Central Ohio small businesses. Include loans to invest in land or equipment, working capital loans, and specialty loans such as the Child Day Care MicroLoan.
- Ohio Small Business Development Center at Columbus State Community College
Public-private partnership supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration, the Ohio Department of Development, CSCC and other local partners. Provides entrepreneurial development assistance & business consulting to start-up & emerging business owners.
- Small Business Fact Sheet Series (The Ohio State University Extension)
List of links, from licensing to human resources.
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE): Columbus Chapter
Volunteer organization with business advice & assistance from retired executives, plus low-cost educational seminars and one-on-one counseling.
- Southwest Central Ohio Procurement Technical Assistance (PTAC)
Governed by the Department of Defense's Defense Logistic Agency to help small businesses do business with the federal, state, and local government.
Magazines & Newspapers
- Tri-Village News
- ThisWeek Grandview
- The Columbus Dispatch
- The Columbus Dispatch Newspaper Archives
- Business Source Premier
Searchable database, plus company & industry profiles and country & market research reports.
- EbscoHost Research Databases (GHPL card required)
Search newspapers, periodicals, journals, and more. Often includes full text.
Find online editions & past articles of local, regional, and national newspapers.
- Facts on File World News Digest
Answers, maps, photographs, historic documents, and special overviews of key issues, newsmakers, and events since 1940.
The Library's exclusive images from the Columbus Citizen-Journal and Grandview Heights High School.
Government & Taxes
State government information with links to forms, agencies, and other tools.
- Ohio Secretary of State
- Columbus City Codes
- United States Census
Gather demographic information on your community, research the local economy and find your SIC or NAICS code using this U.S. Department of Commerce site.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- FDIC Statistics on Banking
Quarterly publication that provides detailed aggregate financial information for all FDIC-insured institutions.
- Federal Reserve Economic Data (FRED)
Historical U.S. economic & financial data, including daily U.S. Interest rates & exchange rates.
- IRS Federal Tax Forms & Publications
- IRS Help
Find government & business forms.
- Ohio Legal Forms
- Ohio Department of Taxation
- City of Columbus Income Tax Division
- Grandview Heights Tax Department
- Village of Marble Cliff Tax Department
- See Law & Courts for complete list of links.
Local Annual Events
- Grandview Hop (April-November)
Food, drinks, shopping, live music, art, and fun along Grandview Avenue, between First and Fifth Avenues. Last Saturday of the month (April-November) from 5-9 pm.
- Memorial Day Parade (May)
Proceeds down First Avenue at 10 am, beginning at Cambridge and ending at Oxley.
- Grandview's Great Garage Sale (May)
Maps available at the Library.
- Music on the Lawn (June & July)
Free outdoor summer concert series on the Library's lawn. Tuesdays at 7:30 pm.
- The Lazy Daze of Summer Festival (July)
Arts festival with food & live entertainment, on the Library grounds & surrounding streets.
- Tour de Grandview Cycling Classic (Summer)
- Bobcat Boosters' Ox Roast (September)
Food, games, and music at Pierce Field (Oxley & Northwest).
- Taste of Grandview (September/October)
Showcase of local restaurants, plus family entertainment, at McKinley Field (1661 Goodale Blvd.)
- Great Pumpkin Run (October)