Horses, Stetsons and Sharpshooters.
Take a trip back to the Old West, courtesy of the Grandview Library. Enjoy classic Westerns with legendary directors (John Ford, Anthony Mann, Sam Peckinpah, and Sergio Leone) and bigger-than-life actors (John Wayne, Randolph Scott, and Clint Eastwood).
Saddle up, pilgrim, and enjoy the ride.
Mondays at 6:30 pm, April 23–May 21.
Shown in large-screen digital projection with free popcorn.
- 4/23: She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949). A nearly retired military captain is given a complicated task. Director: John Ford. John Wayne.
- 4/30: High Noon (1952). A town marshall stands alone in fighting an enemy. Gary Cooper & Grace Kelly. AFI’s 100 Great Films.
- 5/7: The Naked Spur (1953). A bounty hunter gets unexpected help. James Stewart & Janet Leigh. Director: Anthony Mann. Best Screenplay.
- 5/14: Ride the High Country (1962). An ex-lawman transporting gold runs into trouble. Director: Sam Peckinpah. Joel McCrea & Randolph Scott.
- 5/21: A Fistful of Dollars* (1964). Italian Spaghetti Western about a wandering gunman with no name. Clint Eastwood. Director: Sergio Leone.
* mature audiences only