Book Discussion Group
A Celebration of Reading!
Read each selection & join staff member Wendy Wise for a spirited discussion!
Last Wednesday of each month at 7 pm in the Conference Room.
November 28: Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Ninety years ago, on November 11,1922, Kurt Vonnegut was born in Indianapolis.
In 1963, Kurt Vonnegut published his fourth novel, Cat’s Cradle. The story revolves around the family of one of the developers of the atomic bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima and a writer who is researching them. An absurdist sci-fi plot masks Vonnegut’s exploration of the destructive potential of technology and the relativism of religion.
Faith and morality, a midget and a calypso singer-turned-prophet, family history and the end of the world combine in this satirical and blackly funny novel.
Check for available copies of Kurt Vonnegut’s Cat’s Cradle at the Circulation Desk or through our catalog. It is also available in Kindle, EPUB, and PDF formats and as an e-audiobook via Digital Downloads.
Please join us for our discussion on November 28!
Read each selection & join staffer Michele Reinhart:
- December 26: Blame by Michelle Huneven
- January 30: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- February 27: The Buccaneers by Edith Wharton
- March 27: The Winter of Our Discontent by John Steinbeck
- April 24: Digging to America by Anne Tyler
- May 29: The Plot Against America by Philip Roth
Questions? Call Reference at 614-481-3776.