HOT, NEW AND TIMELY
June 24, 2010
Free music downloads you can keep!
Other participating libraries include: the Princeton (NJ) Public Library, Maricopa County Library District (AZ), Orange County Public Library (FL), Nashville Public Library (TN) and Fairfield Public Library (CT).
- Freegal is an online database that provides access to hundreds of thousands of major label songs from new & legendary artists from Sony Music Entertainment.
- These MP3 files are permanently saved onto PC or Mac computers, smart phones and other devices, including iPods.
- Each patron is limited to three downloads each week.
- The Grandview Library provides a limited number of downloads per week.
- A “wish list” will be created after the patron’s (or the Library’s) weekly limit has been reached. These holds are first-come, first-served.
- Downloads become available at 12:01 am every Monday. ("Wish list" songs will be held for 24 hours from this time.)
- "Clean" versions of songs have been selected for our collection; songs labeled "explicit" by the music label have been filtered out. However, there will be some songs which contain some explicit content.
The Grandview Library is pleased to bring this exciting service to the public, especially at a time when more people are choosing to get their music online!
Providing downloads also saves money for the Library. CDs are easily lost, damaged or stolen, while downloads are easy to manage and convenient for patrons.
Freegal is a service of Library Ideas.
Questions? Call Circulation at 614-486-2951.
About the Grandview Heights Public Library: The Grandview Library is a member of the Central Library Consortium (CLC) which was created to establish, maintain, and operate a computerized library network in order to promote resource sharing. The member libraries are the Alexandria Public Library, Fairfield County District Library, Grandview Heights Public Library, Marysville Public Library, Pickaway County District Public Library, Pickerington Public Library, Plain City Public Library and Wagnall's. Memorial Library.
About Library Ideas: Library Ideas is a new media company focused on the educational markets, based in Fairfax, Virginia. The Company offers music, movie and language learning solutions to public libraries as part of its developing product suite.
About Sony Music Entertainment: Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars. The company boasts a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. It is home to premier record labels representing music from every genre, including American Recordings, Arista Nashville, Arista Records, Aware, Battery Records, Beach Street Records, Black Seal, BNA Records, Cinematic, Columbia Nashville, Columbia Records, Epic Records, Essential Records, Flicker Records, Fo-Yo Soul, GospoCentric, Hitz Committee Entertainment, J Records, Jive Records, LaFace Records, Legacy Recordings, Masterworks, Polo Grounds, RCA Records, RCA Nashville, RCA Red Seal, RCA Victor, Reunion Records, Slightly Dangerous, Sony Classical, Sony Music Latin, Star Time International, Verity Records, and Volcano Entertainment. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.