HOT, NEW AND TIMELY
April 9, 2012
New looks, activities in Youth Services
Check out the newest updates in Youth Services—many are donations from wonderful service organizations and patrons!
The Northwest Kiwanis Club provided funding for a new, interactive Activity Wall for kids ages 10 & under. It includes:
- Giggle Mirror—guaranteed to produce funny faces and many giggles!
- Giant Clock—helps make learning to tell time “big” fun!
- Fabric board—alphabet & numbers encourage learning of the ABCs and 123s & pictures help inspire kids to create their own stories!
- Read the ThisWeek Grandview story (04/11/12)
The Grandview Civic Welfare Club recently donated supplies for the Craft Table.
The Story Time area is now bigger and enclosed.
- This area can be enjoyed by parents and kids ages 0-6.
- We hold 6 story times per week, but parents are encouraged to also use the area with their children when we do not have story time as a quiet place to read and play together.
- Now, music plays to create a warm, friendly environment. Music equipment was donated by Northwest Kiwanis Club.
Youth Services now has a beautifully painted entrance wall with an events poster board.
Thank you to all the wonderful people who help make Youth Services look so great!
Other recent Youth Services updates:
- Dollhouse, train table and Lego table encourages creative play and helps encourage sharing and cooperation. For ages 10 & under.
- Early Learning Stations are educational computer games! Children not only become comfortable using a computer, but they are able to learn everything from art to music, science, math, and reading. For ages 2-10.
- Concept/Theme Book Area was designed to make browsing easier for patrons. We have created an area where our most requested concepts & themes can be found in one place.
- Concepts include alphabet, counting, colors, opposites.
- Themes include dinosaurs, ocean, bedtime, potty time, pirates, royal reads (princesses, kings, queens, dragons & knights), Things That Go (trucks, cars, boats, etc), Seasons & School.