Friends Of The Library
A Library's best friends are the Friends of the Library! These wonderful volunteers work hard to support the Library and the staff so we can do our best to serve you!
Since 1974, the Friends of the Grandview Library have conducted fundraising activities to benefit the Library while focusing public attention on Library services, facilities, and needs. Each year the Friends raise & donate thousands of dollars to the Library, and they now pay for the majority of Library programs & special events.The Friends provide:
- Support for the Library throughout the community
- Summer Reading Club materials
- Refreshments, prizes and/or gifts for Library functions
- Equipment such as photocopiers, display units, and book carts
- Sponsorship of special entertainment for children's activities
- Assistance during Library Levy campaigns
- Inexpensive books for avid readers through the Book & AV Sales and Bargain Book Shelves (downstairs in the Study Commons).
- And so much more!
JOIN THE FRIENDS Become part of an energetic, committed group of supporters who believe an excellent Library makes a difference in the life of their community. A membership at any level makes a great gift idea, too!
- Students & seniors (ages 60+) - $10
- Individual - $15
- Family - $25
- Best Friend / Business - $50
- Individual - $200
- Family - $250
Membership forms are also available in the Atrium or in Circulation. Gifts and/or membership fees (other than Lifetime Memberships) are not tax-deductible. The Friends of the Grandview Library is not a tax-exempt organization.
Non-specific donations to the Friends can be delivered to the Circulation Desk or mailed to:
- Friends of the Grandview Library
1685 W. First Avenue
Columbus, OH 43212
Bring in your donations of books, movies, audiobooks, and CDs to help to supply the Friends with items for their Book & AV Sales.
- Put them by the Community Kiosk in the Atrium downstairs, or ask for assistance at the Circulation Desk on the second floor.
- Feel free to ask for a receipt at the Circulation Desk to document your tax-deductible donation.
For more information, please call 614-486-2954.