Friends of the Grandview Library
Since 1974, the Friends of the Grandview Library raise and donate thousands of dollars each year for the library, funding events, services, facilities, and other needs.
Flights with Friends
Enjoy delicious samples and the latest library releases at monthly socials at different locations around Grandview Heights.
- Hosted by the Friends to benefit the library.
- UPCOMING LOCATION & DATES:
- The Twisted Vine on Wednesday, October 11, 7-8:30 pm. Stay tuned for details and ticket information.
- Past locations include: The Ohio Taproom, Grandview Theater & Drafthouse, Watershed Distillery, and Chocolate Cafe.
- Interested in hosting a Flights with Friends event? Contact the Friends through the library’s Email Contact Form (select “General/Other”).
Used Book Donation Box
Books in good condition can be donated by dropping them into the green Better World Books outdoor drop box in the main parking lot by the Library Lawn. This ongoing fundraising campaign replaces indoor book sales that were held throughout the year at the library. The Friends have partnered with online bookstore Better World Books, which collects new and used books and resells them online in order to fund and support non-profit literacy groups. The Friends receive a portion of the sales, which is used to support library programs, equipment, and other needs.
Bargain Book Shelves
Find great deals on discarded library items (books, music, movies, and more) in the atrium on the lower level whenever the library is open.
JOIN THE FRIENDS
Become part of an energetic, committed group of supporters who believe an excellent library makes a difference in the life of their community. A membership at any level makes a great gift idea.
Membership forms are also available in the Atrium or in Circulation. Gifts and/or membership fees (other than Lifetime Memberships) are not tax-deductible. The Friends is not a tax-exempt organization.
- Annual Memberships
- Students & seniors (ages 60+) – $10
- Individual – $15
- Family – $25
- Best Friend / Business – $50
- Lifetime Memberships
- Individual – $200
- Family – $250
The Friends provide:
- Support for the library throughout the community
- Summer Reading Club materials
- Refreshments, prizes, and/or gifts for library functions
- Equipment such as photocopiers, display units, and book carts
- Sponsorship of special entertainment for children’s activities
- Assistance during library levy campaigns
- Inexpensive books for avid readers through the Bargain Book Shelves
- And much more
For more information, please call Administration at 614-486-2954.