April 9, 2012
Check out the newest updates in Youth Services—many are donations from wonderful service organizations and patrons!
The Northwest Kiwanis Club provided funding for a new, interactive Activity Wall for kids ages 10 & under. It includes:
- Giggle Mirror—guaranteed to produce funny faces and many giggles!
- Giant Clock—helps make learning to tell time “big” fun!
- Fabric board—alphabet & numbers encourage learning of the ABCs and 123s & pictures help inspire kids to create their own stories!
- Read the ThisWeek Grandview story (04/11/12)
The Grandview Civic Welfare Club recently donated supplies for the Craft Table.
The Story Time area is now bigger and enclosed.
- This area can be enjoyed by parents and kids ages 0-6.
- We hold 6 story times per week, but parents are encouraged to also use the area with their children when we do not have story time as a quiet place to read and play together.
- Now, music plays to create a warm, friendly environment. Music equipment was donated by Northwest Kiwanis Club.
Youth Services now has a beautifully painted entrance wall with an events poster board.
- Dollhouse, train table and Lego table encourages creative play and helps encourage sharing and cooperation. For ages 10 & under.
- Early Learning Stations are educational computer games! Children not only become comfortable using a computer, but they are able to learn everything from art to music, science, math, and reading. For ages 2-10.
- Concept/Theme Book Area was designed to make browsing easier for patrons. We have created an area where our most requested concepts & themes can be found in one place.
- Concepts include alphabet, counting, colors, opposites.
- Themes include dinosaurs, ocean, bedtime, potty time, pirates, royal reads (princesses, kings, queens, dragons & knights), Things That Go (trucks, cars, boats, etc), Seasons & School.